About the Run
The Run for Vaughan is an exciting event in support of the development of the City of Vaughan's first hospital and healthcare facility.The City of Vaughan is a vibrant place to live and work and the rapid growth of our community reflects that fact. The annual Run for Vaughan will make important contributions to our community by raising money to support key initiatives that will benefit our City and its citizens. This year, net proceeds of Run for Vaughan will again go to support the future Vaughan Hospital project. The Run for Vaughan is an event that was created and organized by the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community (AMJ Canada) for the sole purpose of providing a grassroots program to raise funds for the hospital project. The Run brings out serious and casual runners and walkers from all across Vaughan, the GTA and other parts of the province. Participants come with their families and enjoy the festivities of the day.
The Run for Vaughan was first held in 2003 and has become an annual event. The event has started and ended at the Baitul Islam Mosque property in Maple each year. For 2012, we are excited to take this growing event to the iconic landmark of Canada's Wonderland!
Up to 2011, the Run for Vaughan has raised approximately $323,500 for the Vaughan Hospital project.
Great communities don't just happen - they're built through partnership, teamwork and community spirit. Please be sure to join us for this year's Run for Vaughan.
Run for your community - Run for accessible healthcare - Run for Vaughan!
Notices and Disclaimers
- Sorry, registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable --- no exceptions.
- Transfer of registration from one event to another will incur a $10 administration fee, as well as the additional difference in registration fee price.
- No strollers, bikes or inline skates permitted at any time on race course. Strollers are permitted for the 1km walk event only.
- Participating in a 5km Run or the 10km Run should be cleared with your family physician. If not sure, please check with your doctor. Be sure to have given proper attention to training, pre warm-up, post warm-up, nutrition, hydration, and weather conditions.
- Course and start times may be subject to change due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances. Organizers reserve the right to cancel any of the events if the safety of its participants or volunteers are at risk.